SAT FEB 24th - 8:00pm (doors 7pm)
REBEL RECORDING ARTIST
“They are awesome!”
Pete Fisher, Manager, Grand Ole Opry
One of the busiest bands in bluegrass, Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers (JMRR) deliver first class entertainment, whether on stage or in the studio. For over a decade, JMRR have consistently delivered chart-topping and crowd-pleasing music, as evidenced by multiple International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) awards and Grand Ole Opry appearances on their resume.
The award-winning band is pleased to announce the release of their sixth album in seven years for bluegrass music’s most historic record label, Rebel Records. The new album, entitled The Story We Tell, brings together a vibrant collection of songs new and old, celebrating the band’s respect for the past while always maintaining a fresh approach.
The album’s opening track and first single, “Long Gone Out West Blues” takes listeners on a trip on horseback through the wild west. This high-energy song came to JMRR via Canadian folk duo, Pharis & Jason Romero. “The uniquely styled lyrics and the melody made it a natural for us and the challenge of a song with no chorus is something I love,” says Mullins. “It's a powerful piece!” An instrumental and vocal powerhouse, the adrenaline is contagious, and proves an ample introduction to the new album from JMRR.
Featuring Joe Mullins and his banjo, alongside bluegrass veterans Mike Terry (mandolin), Jason Barie (fiddle), Randy Barnes (bass), and Duane Sparks (guitar), The Story We Tell builds on the band’s previous success, but JMRR are not content to rest on their laurels. The Story We Tell features the band’s most inventive and innovative arrangements to date, both vocally and instrumentally. The creativity makes this a Radio Ramblers project like no other.
Filled with new songs from some of today’s top songwriters, including Larry Cordle, Jerry Salley, Ronnie Bowman, Steve Bonafel, and Raleigh Satterwhite, alongside forgotten gems the band dusted off from such varied sources as The Delmore Brothers, Merle Haggard, and The Browns, the balance achieved on The Story We Tell flows through the speakers like tuning in to your favorite radio broadcast — a claim only befitting of the reigning IBMA Broadcaster of the Year, Joe Mullins.
- JMRR regular performer at The Grand Ole Opry of Nashville TN
- IBMA's Gospel Recorded Performance (2016 & 2017)
- IBMA's Broadcaster of the Year - Joe Mullins (2016)
- IBMA's Emerging Artists of the Year (2012)
- Joe Mullins has earned 6 IBMA Awards and 4 SPBGMA Awards
- Hosts of the Southern Ohio Indoor Music Festivals held in March & November
- THREE albums on Billboard's Top Selling Albums Chartm Life
- "All Dressed Up" reached #1 on Bluegrass Today's Top 20 Songs Chart (June 2016)
- Host of Front Porch Fellowship, a syndicated radio show on over 200 radio stations
- JMRR represented Bluegrass Music at the National Folk Festival (2015)
- Featured Performers of Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman in Nashville, TN